Monday, April 18, 2011

I’ve got a secret.

And it’s not just any old secret.

This is The Secret.

I’m talking about what is considered to be one of the oldest secrets in time.

I’m talking about The Law of Attraction.

Have you ever been thinking about a friend that you haven’t talked to in a long time, wishing you could reconnect with them, only to have them call you on the phone in that very instant?

Have you ever woken up in the morning and stubbed your toe on your dresser or banged your knee on your bed? Have you noticed how you decide that you’re having a bad day, and throughout the rest of the day you spill coffee on yourself, get a parking ticket, and have your partner break up with you?

These are not little coincidences. Your thoughts have more power than you know, and through them you can create and shape the world around you.

“Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.” –Henry Ford.

Your first reaction to this may be to freak out. How do I control my thoughts? Sometimes they just shoot about in my head and I can’t do anything about them.

Don’t worry. I’m going to give you a simple step-by-step procedure for creating magic in your life. I’ve been practicing this over the past few days at work; each morning I wake up and decide how much money I’m going to make that day. I’ve accomplished my goal so far for each day that I have done this. Sure, it could be coincidence, but why would I take the chance in case it's not? It’s my life, why would I just leave it all up to fate?

So, your simple steps:

Decide what you want.
Take a few minutes each morning to decide what you want for that day. You can do this through meditation, journaling or whatever other reflective method works for you. You can make it big, but make it reasonable enough for yourself to believe it. If you don’t believe it can happen, it won’t.

Identify the emotions of having what you want.
Would making $200 in your shift make you excited? Would reconnecting with an old friend make you overjoyed? Would not hitting traffic on the way to work make you relieved?

Pick three words that connect you to that emotion.
Once you’ve identified the emotion that you would feel when you get what you want, come up with three words that correspond with that emotion. When I say that I’m going to make $200 in my shift at work, I know that I will be so excited. That excitement will make me energetic, spunky and fun because I won’t have to worry about money. So I create that my entire day will be energetic, spunky and fun. Repeat those words to yourself throughout the day as a reminder of what you will accomplish. Fully feel the emotion of having what you want as if you already have it, because you do.

Don’t worry. Just believe.
Don’t think about what you will have to do to make things happen. It may not come to you right away. You can have what you want in your head without having to know how you will get it. Just trust and feel the positive emotions. It may not happen right away. If you start to worry that it won’t come true, you’ll be sending those emotions out into the universe and the universe will respond to your worry and doubt by not giving you what you want. If you don’t think you’ll get it, you won’t.

There you have it, the simple steps to creating magic in your life. Start with something small, and then see what else you can create! I have a vision board in my room with pictures of places I want to go and things I want to have and words to remind me of the emotions that I feel in connection with going those places and having those things.  I keep reminding myself of how happy and grateful I am that I have all of these things and have gone to all of these places.

Try out these simple steps and see what you can create. What are your goals? What can you accomplish? Come back and tell me what you’ve been able to create at the end of the week!

Want to go even deeper with this? You can learn more about the magic of the universe by reading or watching The Secret.

1 comment: